Monday, September 8, 2008

Pollo con Queso

I always order this when I go to Mexican restaurants. I decided I could easily make it at home so this is what I came up with. It is just as good if not better than what I get in the restaurants and the best part is I can use as much cheese sauce as I want.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pollo con Queso

3 large chicken breasts cut in bite sized pieces
2 tbsps taco seasoning
1 cup white cheese dip
Sour Cream

In a large frying pan heat the oil. Add in the chicken and sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through stirring regularly. While chicken is cooking, in a small sauce pan add cheese dip and sour cream. I don’t measure the sour cream, but I use about 1/3 of a small container. Heat on low until cheese and sour cream are melted and warm. Plate the chicken and pour over a little of the cheese sauce. Use the rest of the sauce for dipping your favorite tortilla chips.

Side suggestion: Mexican rice or refried beans.

No comments: